Wednesday 29 February 2012

Hendrix Gin

From the research I have done so far I think that Hendrix stands out as a brand that I should look at more closely. Unlike its contemporaries at the time of its arrival on the market, it featured new exciting flavours such as cucumber and bulgarian rose petals. This separated it from the crowd and it became incredible popular purely because it offered some new flavours. Until this point most Gin recipes consisted of the same ingredients only in different quantities. Hendrix remains an incredibly popular gin particularly with the gin revival of 2011. Gin is my tipple of choice and Hendrix is my poison (if someone else is paying) which I think says something seeing as I am very much part of the target market for this brief.



I think that their brand identity is an additional attraction to the brand. It satisfies the concept of 'curiosity' which is something from my research that appeals to the target audience. I think that the contemporary style of illustration helps to attract the younger clientele. This informs my decision to use contemporary hand rendered type as the main aesthetic for this brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment