Thursday 2 February 2012

Aesthetic research for HH brief

I am considering building a custom typeface for this brief based on an existing typeface, potentially Futura or Pemumbra. I have been working on some designs where the letters of each word remain mainly the same as the original typeface, only replacing random letters with more ambiguous versions of the original.
I really like these examples of this style from the urban outfitters American site....


I like this over italicised type :


These designs are by Andy Gilmore of Breed. I love his use of geometric patterns to create these space age designs. They have such a mystical aesthetic to them. I love the use of contrasting textures that are built up in gradually to create really visually interesting designs.






These designs are by Simon C Page. I have looked at his work in the past as I find it so inspiring. I love the geometry of the designs as well as the muted yet multicoloured colour palette.














No comments:

Post a Comment