Thursday 15 March 2012

Gin blending demonstration

Today Sai and I attended a gin blending demonstration at Jakes Bar. As I discovered eysterday from my visit, they distil and blend their own gin, and we were able to join all the local staff in a demonstration. The afternoon consisted of a half an hour talk on the history of gin, a lot of which I had already discovered through my research, but I learned some new facts and stories. After this we were able to sniff and taste all of the 8 botanicals that go into their house gin, as well as taste a sip of the gin with each of the ingredients separately to see what flavour they each bring to the gin. The first ingredient was Juniper berries from Italy, followed by coriander seed and angelica root making up the main triumverate. The other ingredients were castelle, orange extract, lemon extract, oris and liquorice root.

These are the photographs that Sai took :



No comments:

Post a Comment