Tuesday 29 May 2012

SHORT LIVE BRIEFS BOARDS

(See submission disk or click here for boards)


8 live briefs featuring illustration, promotion and typeface design.

As I opted out of working on the year books, I felt that I needed to make sure that I worked on as many live briefs as possible. My long term goal is to become successful as a freelance illustrator, so I tried to complete a range of illustration briefs, but I also worked on some design briefs and a type design brief.  Some were paid, some were not. I think that the range of different kinds of brief was really good for me in terms of experience. I had mainly positive experiences working on these briefs, particularly the illustration ones. I found that both the Palladio invite brief and the Hush house flyers and posters brief involved a lot more alterations from the client than I had anticipated, and although I am not necessarily pleased with the end result, the client was satisfied. 
I really enjoyed creating the film credits typeface as it gave me the opportunity to create a functioning font on fontographer and learn this skill to an extent which is something I have been wanting to do.
I was skeptical about taking on the Bruisyard brief so late in the term and so close to hand in, but it gave me good experience in negotiating my own deadlines with the client in order that it suit me and fit in with hand in. I requested that I be briefed straight away so that I could start work immediately and get the illustrations signed off at least a week before hand in, and this all worked out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment