Tuesday 29 May 2012

KIT CATS BOARDS






Applied illustration for identity and event.

This brief started as a live brief that I decided that I wanted to expand. It gave me the opportunity to explore applied illustration across a range of different elements. It also fuled an investigation into print processes including metalic inks and foiling and made me consider post-print issues such as making sure that the correct stock is used to avoid rub-off, and to ensure that inks are prepared so that they are heat-friendly to avoid metallic pigments from melting. This research came off the back of coming up with an idea that I didn't necessarily know how to create, so had to form my own path of investigation. I think that this was the main thing I got out of this brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment