Tuesday 29 May 2012

PENGUIN BOOK COVERS



Applied custom lettering and illustration for publishing and digital application.

I wanted to use this brief as an opportunity to explore a range of different typographic styles but under the umbrella of publishing, as well as create some work that combines illustrated lettering with image making. The strongest element of this brief is the range of different type styles that I successfully explored. I really wanted to think outside the box in terms of range and distribution, and rather than creating a photoshop mock-up of a Waterstones facade and a matching tote bag, I decided to consider some more adventurous ideas, exploring digital and physical elements. I think that the apps were really successful and they enabled me to explore image making for digital application which is good in terms of broadening my portfolio. I think that putting the book editions in the context of the Hay Festival allowed me to explore some more adventurous proposals for the range. The chrome themes idea was potentially an unnecessary addition to the range, and I don't think that it fits in with the other deliverables.

No comments:

Post a Comment