Tuesday 29 May 2012

BRITISH DIALECTS BRIEF BOARDS




Exploration of different lettering styles through application to print.

This brief as it allowed me to explore a vast range of different typographic styles, as well as explore copy writing which is something that I really enjoy doing. It was intended as a playful brief and I really enjoyed it. While I think that the range could have been developed a little more, I think that the main map piece in itself showcases a broad range of styles which is really valuable for my portfolio. 
This brief was mainly artworked in illustrator, as I required the type to be scaled up for print in order to showcase it best. This was good practice as sometimes my designs will be required to be enlarged to a huge scale and I need to know what design process I would take should this be required.

No comments:

Post a Comment