Monday 30 April 2012

Print layout experiments

I have been working on the set of prints for my british isles type brief. I have decided to work with a less conventional format of 420mm x 500mm to break the A format routine. I picked a few of the phrases and then played with colour and layout until I had over 50 variations to choose from. I decided to use the colour palette as a visual aid at the top of the poster to kind of link the designs together a bit like the way that a logo would. Another branding element that links them is the choice of type at the base of the design explaining the translation of the phrase. This could be varied in colour according to the text and background colour. I think that the full map of the british isles could work better on a larger format more towards A1 or A0 scale just due to the detail of the design and the importance that the shape that the words form being translated correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment